Tuesday, June 2, 2009

just say no...

to everything!


thats what this new clean diet feels like. and before you say, "alanna why are you dieting?!?!" I'm not actually dieting, im revamping my diet. Cleaning it up as the name of the diet says.

Clean eating is a way to get the most benefits out of your food as you possibly can. Its about using food to fuel your body instead of harming it. and as a person who believes that the body is a temple, I totally agree with this balanced diet.

So what do you have to do to clean it you may ask?

Im bout to break it down for ya. OK so the guidelines are:

Eat six small meals per day

Eat lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal: turkey, chicken, legumes (beans)

Drink two or three liters of water a day

Never skip a meal

Carry a cooler filled with clean eating foods when you are away from home

Consume essential fatty acids each day

Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains

NO Over processed and re-fined foods: white bread, white sugar, pretty much anything white that isn't dairy lol

NO Saturated and trans fats

NO Sugar loaded colas and fruit juices

and for the least favorite rule...you MUST limit your alocholic beverage intake ::hears boos in the background:: yea yea i kno i kno.. like i said i struggle with this one the most LOL

This may seem like a strict diet but once you get into it you really dont notice what your doing. I've been doing it for about a month..cheating on weekends just to slowly wean myself off junk and still kinda treat myself every now and then. But since i've started i must admit i feel better, look better and overall my health has increased.

I will be posting a picture up here soon for a before and after deal lol My main goal is to gain muscle and look more lean and healthy.

"Our bodies are apt to be our autobiographies." ~Frank Gillette Burgess <--so treat your bodies well!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad i got you on board for this clean eating business...i, too, am weaning myself off of gross stuff. someone gave me a danish the other day and, well, it's still sitting on my desk! WHOLE FOODS IS CALLING OUR NAMES!

    ReplyDelete