Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Me" TiME

Today was a 'me' day...

it's a day when i just take time out for myself and do the things I want to do.

Whether it's shopping, ppl watching, browsing the web, or working out; It's what I want to do and usually i do it by myself.

There's something about being alone that I really cherish. It wasn't always that way though. When I was younger...not so long ago, I hated being alone. But i was forced into a situation a couple years back that really forced me to be alone...and like it. For awhile it was really a struggle to be alone, I used to agonize over what my "friends" were doing without me or what good times I was missing out on. But i soon got over it and went from being alone by force to being alone by my own will.

(picture of me on my 'me' day)



Someone once asked me the other day about me being alone. Why I like it so much; don't you go crazy by yourself?

my answer? FUCK no. There is no better company than my own company. I can never do me wrong and I can always rely on me to make the best decision. I also get more done and do the best thinking when I'm alone.

It's surprising that I have as many friends and associates as I do now. For someone so outgoing and personable, I HATE being around a lot of ppl all the time. I get sick of it and eventually need my time away from ppl.

To this day I'm thankful for my ability to be alone. I can't stand to be around clingy ppl or people who can't do the simplest of tasks alone. I guess it irks me because i think of how i used to be following ppl around everywhere. All i can say is that I'm thankful for how I am now :)



“You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.”

Wayne Dyer

ps. here is a picture of me in my workout gear...i promised to put a before picture. I guess i'll put up an after pic before i leave for Miami or after miami..idk we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. so what did you do on your "me" day...you neglected to tell us! alone time is great...being an only child it comes naturally to me lol

    ReplyDelete